Shea Naer is an interdisciplinary artist based in Los Angeles.
Her current work (not featured here) involves painting on top of altered photographs.
• Select Exhibits: The powerHouse Arena, Aperture Foundation, Center for Photographic Art,
Root Division, Brewery Complex, The Print Center, Newspace, Governors State University
• Awards: Center Santa Fe // Px3 // Canteen Magazine // IPA // others
• Published: LA Weekly, Canteen, Cabinet Magazine, Itch Magazine, and others
• Collections: Visual Studies Workshop (NY), Penn State Berks, and Center for Fine Art Photography (Colorado)
"Every image carries obvious feeling, both from the subjects (who constantly caress the boxer and tend
to his needs) and from the photographer.These images speak so eloquently to the nurturing relationship
between trainer and fighter." - Arnold Lehman, former director of the Brooklyn Museum
The counterpoints between humans and their environment offer endless fascination. If the viewer discovers an
unfinished narrative in my work, so much the better. My aim is to be led by intuition, invite random elements,
and to juggle areas of tension and flow.
• Some of my images are available as prints and for licensing.
• If you'd like to feature my work online, please contact me ahead of time.
Images and text © 2008 - 2017 Shea Naer. All rights reserved.